About the Program
The Adopt-A-Spot program is open to anyone in Escambia County. This program inspires community stewardship, is morally uplifting, and creates a great social or team building opportunity!
Litter! It’s everywhere, but it doesn’t have to be. Litter makes our parks, roadways, and green spaces both uninviting to people and harmful to the flora and fauna that live in our area.
When your group adopts a spot, you are working towards a beautiful community and taking pride in your county with just a couple hours of hard work. You’re showing others in your the area that someone cares.
Download Your Application Here
Areas available for adoption
The Adopt-A-Spot program allows you to choose almost any spot in Escambia County. The most popular request is for a park. For a complete list of all available parks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All spots are subject to approval by Keep Pensacola Beautiful, Escambia County, and/or the City of Pensacola.
What to Expect
Keep Pensacola Beautiful will ensure that you have what you need to succeed. You will work closely with our staff to coordinate and keep track of your efforts. The support from Keep Pensacola Beautiful will include:
- Adopt-A-Spot program orientation and safety briefing
- Free equipment to borrow such as trash bags, litter grabbers, gloves, etc.
- A sign at the adopted site displaying the name of your group
- Dedicated staff to aid in any question or concern
- Groups must commit to a two-year contract for their location with a minimum of four (4) cleanups per year
- A primary and secondary contact (group leaders) must be provided
- Group leaders must attend an orientation/safety briefing provided by Keep Pensacola Beautiful before scheduling their first cleanup
- All minors must submit a signed a parental release form and be accompanied by an adult
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years of age to work along a roadway